BPO Council of India (BCI) provides platform to Domestic and International Call Centers for their targeted growth
and development and to address various issues being faced by the industry from customer or Government point of view
and effectively contribute for development of sector and larger interest of the Country.
We all know Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is the fastest growing segment of the ITES
(Information Technology Enabled Services) industry. Factors such as economy of scale, business risk mitigation, cost
advantage, utilization improvement and superior competency have all lead to the growth of the Indian BPO industry.
Business process outsourcing in India, which started around the mid-90s, has now grown by leaps and bounds.
India is now the world's favored market for BPO companies, among other competitors, such as, Australia, China,
Philippines and Ireland. The BPO boom in India is credited to cheap labor costs and India's huge talent pool of
skilled, English-speaking professionals. Research by the National Association of Software Services and Companies
(NASSCOM) has revealed that quality orientation among leading BPO companies, 24/7 services, India's unique
geographic location and the investor friendly tax structure in India have all made the BPO industry in India
· To facilitate and put in advocacy for overall development of BPO sector.
· To Represent BPO industry with all the concerned Authorities & discuss the challenges of the industry with various stake holders including Government departments, customers and employees.
· To provide opportunity to industry, stakeholders to interact with decision makers in the Government/PSUs
. To work with Government to create conducive environment to this industry which contributes to large number of jobs to youths.
· To provide members latest information regarding policy and procedures
· To Facilitate members in their growth plans.
· To provide networking opportunities
· To facilitate and advocacy for operational, regulatory, or licensing issues and regular meetings and interaction with the user departments, PSUs, DOT, MeitY, TRAI, STPI, SEZs, FIs, Ministry of Legal Affairs, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Finance etc.
· To Work with various stake holders including technology partners, infrastructure players and others to present industry objectives and align them with our industry.
· To regularly update industry and Government on latest and new technology.
· To organize and help participation in international and domestic events, seminars, conferences.
The vision is to create a flourishing BPO industry which is spread across India and provides job opportunities.
The vision is to interface with the various Ministries of Govt. of India, State Governments, Large customers and
employee organizations and other Industry forums to contribute towards faster growth by overcoming challenges .
Some of the initiatives are:
· Work with DOT to simplify OSP licensing policy.
· Work with Government departments on how association can help them in making Citizen Services better.
· Discuss impact of new business models and emerging technology trends like Cloud and IOT.
· Discuss issues like Data Security, data sovereignty, agents work from home on VOIP etc.
· Help address operational problems of members of associations related to regulatory, or licensing through interaction with the Department of Telecommunications, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Ministry of Information Technology, Ministry of Law, Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Finance, Software Technology Parks of India, Special Economic Zone (SEZ) and Financial Institutions
· Work with these departments to formulate polices which can encourage more investment in the sector.
· Present BPO industry as a long term carrier option to young students and encourage them to join and stay in this industry.
Work with association members to address their manpower related issues.
Board Of Directors
- Shri Shekhar Dutt, IAS, Former Dy NSA, Former Secretary Defence, Former Governor Chhatisgarh
- Dr PK Malhotra, Former Secretary, Law GOI
- Shri N Ravi Shankar, IAS, Former USO Adm and Chief Secretary, Uttarkhand
- Shri K Sridhar, Former Member Technology cum Ex officio Secretary, GOI, DOT
- Shri Ramesh Chandra, Former Member Production Ex officio Secretary, GOI, DOT
- Shri Ravi Kant, Former Member Services cum Ex officio Secretary, GOI, DOT
- Shri Prabhash Singh, Former Member Technology cum Ex officio Secretary, GOI, DOT
- Shri DP De, Former Sr DDG, TEC,DOT
- Sh Kuldeep Goyal, Former CMD, BSNL.
- Shri RK Upadhya, Former CMD BSNL
- Prof Dr SS Mantha, Former Chairman, AICTE
- Prof R.L.Godara, former VC North Gujarat University
- Prof Akshai Aggarwal, former VC, GTU, Ahmadabad
- Advocate Shri Ajoy Roy, Partner Amarchand Mangal Dass Shroff
- Prof NK Goyal, Chairman Emeritus TEMA, President CMAI Association of India
- Sh Rahul Sharma, Director, Vedanta Group
- Shri Jitendra Sharma - BPO Industry Expert with 20+ year of industry experience
- Many more industry leaders to join