India and Japan are natural business partner since 1952. India and Japan are politically and culturally
well connected. There are various significant projects assisted by Japan in India, such as Delhi METRO, Delhi Mumbai Industrial
Corridor, Nuclear Treaty, Disaster Management and a CEPA. They have also formed an India Japan IC T Forum.
During the 5th India Japan IC T Meting, a need was felt that the business exchanges need to be extended to all sector and a platform should be created where business leaders of both countries can share their capabilities and strengths. India Japan Business Forum is an attempt in that direction. It would also provide all relevant material, updates and scope for trade and business as also manufacturing.
Japan is known for high quality and high tech brands. There is huge demand for wireless products, 3G, 4G, Value added services, contents. Japan has technology for i-burst and PHS, which can be easily deployed in India and other Asian countries. Of late there has been tremendous awareness for environmental issues like e-waste, green manufacturing, radiation hazards. India and Japan can collaborate in this field also. Japan is reported to have shortage of software engineers, which are in abundance in India. The manufacturing cost is quite lower in India, as a result of which India is emerging as a hub for manufacturing. India is having attractive policies for investments, wherein 100% FDI is permitted in manufacturing and services.
Board of Directors: The India Japan Business Forum will be lead by a strong team of advisers. The same consists of following leaders. The same will be expanded shortly.
1. Hon’ble Ambassador of Japan in India*
2. Hon’ble Minister of IT of Japan*
3. Hon’ble Dr Shekhar Dutt, IAS(Retd), Former Governor Chhattisgarh, Former Dy. NSA
4. Shri Shyamal Ghosh, IAS (Retd.) Former Secretary, IT and DOT*
5. Shri Kanwal Monga
6. Shri PK Malhotra, Former Secretary Law, GOI
7. Shri RK Upadhya, Former CMD, BSNL
8. Shri K Sridhara, Former Member Technology, DOT
9. Shri Ramesh Chand, Former Member Production, DOT
10. Shri Pankaj Rana, Panasonics India Ltd.
11. Sr VP of CAIJ, Japan
12. Prof NK Goyal, Chairman Emeritus TEMA; President CMAI.
13. Honorary Director General Advocate Shri Ashok Aggarwal